Thursday, December 30, 2010

Fun Idea to Help Conquer Writer's Block

Ever heard of the game Apples to Apples?

I happen to be in love with it, and I've found some really great ways that it helps me get the creative juices flowing.

There are a couple of ways you can play with this.

1. First, shuffle the decks, pick five red apple cards at random, choose the one that inspires you most, and run with it!

OR

2. Choose a green apple card at random (or roll the green apple die if you have the Mod version), write down the first adjective you draw (or think of if you're using the die), pull five red apple cards at rancom and find a way to use the adjective with each noun you've drawn. There should be at least one sentence per noun.

I'm fairly certain that I will come up with more variations on this, and I'm open to any ideas you all have.

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment